OZONE FRIENDLY GREAT STUFF
HAZARDOUS CHEMICALS: 4,4 Diphenylmethane Daisocyanate (MDl)
PHYSICAL HAZARDS: The foam has an adhesive like character and will adhere to skin and other surfaces. It
will cure sufficiently within a half hour to a residue that cannot be removed readily by common solvents such as
paint thinner or mineral spirits.
DO NOT incinerate aerosol can.
HEALTH EFFECTS DATA: Ozone Friendly Great Stuff is a mixture of MDI, urethane prepolymer, silicone
surfactant and halogenated hydrocarbon.
Primary adverse health effects are related to the MDI component of the mixture. Adequate ventilation should
EFFECTS OF OVEREXPOSURE:
Inhalation: Can lead to irritation of mucous membranes, tightness of chest respiratory tract, coughing, head-
ache, shortness of breath. May lead to an allergic sensitivity in some people with asthma-like symptoms. Ex-
tensive exposure could lead to bronchitis, bronchial spasm and pulmonary edema. These effects are usually
reversible. High fluorocarbon concentrations may cause asphyxiation due to oxygen deprivation. People with
cardiac arrhythmia may be at increased risk in severe exposure.
Skin: Mixture causes localized irritation and dermatitis. Product adheres to skin like an adhesive.
Eyes: Liquid, vapors of aerosol is irritating to the eyes. Foam contact with eyes can cause physical damage
due to the foam adhesive properties.
Ingestion: Can result in irritation and corrosive action in mouth and digestive tract.
Components of this blend are not classified as carcinogenic.
EMERGENCY AND FIRST AID PROCEDURES:
Inhalation: Move to an area free of exposure. Give oxygen or artificial respiration as needed. Obtain medical
Skin contact: Remove contaminated clothing. Use a mild solvent, like mineral spirits, to remove fresh foam
(avoid eye contact). Wash affected areas thoroughly with soap and water. Wash clothing before reuse.
Eye contact: Flush with water for 15 minutes, occasionally lifting eye lids. Obtain medical attention.
Ingestion: DO NOT induce vomiting. Give 1-2 glasses of water or milk to drink. Do not give anything by mouth
to an unconscious person. Obtain medical attention.