FUEL SETTING ADJUSTMENT (Contd)
Diesel fuel is flammable. Do not perform fuel system procedures
near open flame. Injury to personnel may result.
Fuel setting is the adjustment of the fuel setting screw to set the
maximum power output of the engine by limiting the amount of
travel of all injector racks in relationship to the rack at the No. 1
Always adjust the fuel setting when the No. 1 injector has been
removed and reinstalled or replaced.
1. Clean end of rack bar (3) with lint-free cloth.
2. Press top ball on pivot arm of holding fixture fully and hold.
Bottom contact point on pivot arm of holding fixture must clear
end of rack bar when inserted into engine. Failure to do so will
cause damage to equipment and result in an inaccurate reading.
3. While pressing top ball on pivot arm, insert holding fixture with dial indicators at the No. 1 injector
so stabilizing blade seats against intake valve spring (1), and spring clip seats against inside of air
intake manifold (2).
4. Push down on holding fixture and listen for a "snap" sound to ensure holding fixture is seated
against injector base.
5. Release top ball on pivot arm of holding fixture. Ensure pivot arm contacts face of rack bar (3).