11-5. FRONT AXLE SHAFT ASSEMBLY REMOVAL AND REPLACEMENT.
9/16-inch socket wrench
Truck parked on level surface, engine off, handbrake
set, rear wheels chocked.
(1) Jack up front of truck and support axle housing. Refer to para 11-3.
(2) Remove brake hub and drum. Refer to Part 2, para 14-4.
Removal procedure is the same for left or right
front axle shaft assemblies.
Put container under brake assembly (1) to catch brake fluid,
Using 3/4-inch wrench, unscrew and take out screw (2). Take out two
3. Using 9/16-inch socket wrench, unscrew and take off twelve nuts and
4. Take off dirt deflector (5).
5. Lift off brake plate assembly (1).
GO TO FRAME 2